I thought this week I would collect a list of the most useful resources I have used to learn iOS development. These range from the basics of development, to very advanced Objective-C ideas and techniques. This list also includes developer blogs and podcasts that are entertaining and helpful.
- Stanford: Developing iOS Apps for iPhone and iPad
- The best way to start learning iOS development. Even the information from past semesters are worth a look. Is a great first step for people wanting to learn iOS/Objective-C development.
- Ray Wenderlich
- Covers all topics relating to iOS development from basic Table View setup to OpenGL ES for game development.
- Mobile Tuts
- Collection of Mobile development tutorials covering a wide range of topics.
- Great writing covering all types of Objective-C and developer related topics. Usually focuses on moderate to advance topics.
- Long form writing by prominent iOS developers about various development topics. They also offer the articles as a Newsstand magazine on the iPad.
- Marco Arment-Creator of Tumblr, Instapaper, The Magazine, and Overcast. Also the host of Build and Analyze and the Accidental Tech Podcast.
- Brent Simmons-Creator of NetNewswire, MarsEdit, and Vesper.
- Brett Terpstra-To many projects to list, so just go to his site to see everything. Host of Systematic.
- Andrew Pontious-Host of Edge Cases podcast.
- Jonathan Rentzsch-Host of Edge Cases podcast.